At Boortmalt, sustainable development is more than a duty. It is a passion. We are all very determined in making a difference. We have defined our priorities, have given ourselves stretching objectives and are very openly communicating about them:
1. Water conservation: by 2025 we have reduced by half our water consumption
2. CO2 footprint: by 2030 we are running on 60% renewable energy
3. Safety: with our programme “Together” we are shaping a 0 accident culture
4. Sustainable barley: by 2021, we consume 100% SAI sustainable barley in Europe
5. Gender equality: 25% women into the management team
We however do much more in the field of sustainability and have decided to map all our initiatives according to the UN Global Goals.
Use the solar energy
Optisteep © is a water consumption reduction system which allows 40% economy on a malthouse..